PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- Certified copy of Death certificate issued by Department of Home Affairs
- Certified copy of the deceased’s ID document
- Bank statements to confirm banking details of the beneficiary’s bank account into which the claim must be paid
- Certified copy of the beneficiary’s ID document
- Police report (only if death is due to an accident)
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED COPY?
A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been rubber stamped and signed by a Commission of Oaths to say that the photocopy is an exact copy of the original and has not been changed in any way. A Commissioner of Oaths is someone who is registered with the government to ‘certify’ documents.
WHERE CAN I HAVE MY DOCUMENTS CERTIFIED?
- At all police stations
- Most lawyers